House of Chocolate is a very unique and beautiful hand crafted mini-museum-boutique, chocolateria-cafe portraying the history of chocolate in the world and Grenada. Specialize on local organic chocolate.
Busy harbor in St. George.
A 30-foot waterfall in a grotto of lush vegetation with a pool beneath the falls that's deep enough for a swim.
Hilltop with fine views from the harbor's western promontory across the town's red-tiled roofs and church spires and over the Carenage.
Protects the harbor's eastern entrance and has panoramic views of Grenada's southwestern coastline.
The gathering place for buying and selling produce and spices.
You can buy several spices, including nutmeg, vanilla, cinnamon and cloves, at Dougaldston, one of the island's oldest and largest nutmeg plantations.
A beautiful Great House in the heart of St. Paul's community in the parish of St. George's, Grenada. Historical house tours, gardens tours, organic farm tours, teas and much more to do and see. Five acres of land filled with Fruit, Spices and Tropical Wood Trees with an additional Floral gardens. A plant lovers paradise. The Great House features grand mahogany floors and ceilings, period furnishings and an old world feel that ensures you relax and are transported to a bygone era. Memorabilia spanning 300 yrs of Grenada's history. A historians delight. Guided tours by the owners are given. Just 25 mins from Grand Anse. The Tower Estate worth the visit, a surprising treat. We also offer Sunday Brunches, Afternoon Teas and venue rentals. We offer the traditional English Afternoon Tea and also our unique blends of floral teas made from organically grown plants on the estate. Call or email for a reservation.
Sunnyside Garden is an award winning private tropical garden featured on the UK's Channel 4 series "Gardens of the Caribbean" and in the Colour supplement of the UK's Sunday Telegraph. It is located just east of the Capital St Georges, on a hill overlooking the dramatic Mt. Parnassus valley with the Caribbean Sea to the West and the Atlantic Ocean to the South. Open daily except Sundays.
A 350-foot-long excavation that bridges the two halves of St. George's across to the distinctly East Indian open-air market.
Small history museum with galleries on Grenada's Kalinago inhabitants; European influence from the 15th century; and modern history such as, the sinking of Italian cruise ship 'The Bianca C' in 1961, Grenada independence in 1974 and the 1979 Revolution. Displays include collections of Amerindian pottery, canons, from the British/French battles for the island, coppers used during the slave era to process sugarcane, and a mix of objects reflecting the colonial period of the 17th and 18th century.
A pink-stucco stone building dating from 1825, this church features intricate stained glass and interesting memorial plaques.
Constructed in 1820, this is the oldest original church building.
MAPC is an amusement & theme park located in the south of the island. A restaurant, ice cream parlor & bar are also located on the premises and are open 7 days a week. Attractions include swings, bouncing castles, mechanical bull, merry-go-round, octopus ride, bumper cars, ferris wheel & go -karts.
Premier visual arts centre in Grenada. See and purchase works of art from local, regional and international artists. Participate in drawing sessions, workshops, and classes in our working studio. See website for calendar of events. Proprietors Susan Mains and Asher Mains. Covid health protocols in place. Please make an appointment to visit.
Yacht basin, marina and commercial port, the lagoon is actually the submerged crater of an ancient volcano.
Completed in 1833 the Kirk was destroyed by Hurricane Ivan in 2004. Only the tower and part of the Southern wall remained standing.. The interior of the tower has been restored and the bell and turret clock are both working. Work has now begun on the reconstruction of the Kirk on the North side of the tower since the previous structure on the South side is too close to the cliff edge to be safely rebuilt. The Kirk is closed to visitors until further notice
Guarding the harbor entrance, the fort is an imposing structure, built on a promontory with walls more than four feet thick.